About This Website
It is a website through which taxpayers can pay tax to the Tokyo
Metropolitan Government by credit card.
When you enter necessary information and complete a payment procedure, the assignee (Toyota Finance Corporation) advances the tax payment on behalf of you.
Please carefully read the following terms and conditions before using the services.
Credit card payment is not available at the counters of metropolitan tax offices or convenience stores.
Before Getting Started
Terms and Conditions of the Credit-Card Tax Payment Services
Tax Types Accepted
- Motor Vehicle Tax
- Fixed Assets Tax・City Planning Tax
(in Tokyo 23 wards)*
- Fixed Assets Tax (Depreciable Assets)
(in Tokyo 23 wards)*
- Business Tax on Individuals*
- Real Estate Acquisition Tax
- Other taxes
*The credit-card tax payment services are not available if you transfer money from your account to pay fixed assets tax, city planning tax, fixed asses tax (depreciable assets), and/or enterprise tax on individuals. For more details, please click here.
Card Types Accepted
You can use credit cards with the following logos: VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMERICAN EXPRESS, Diners Club, and TS CUBIC CARD.
Things to Prepare
Prepare a tax notice/tax payment slip.
- The tax notice/tax payment slip must include information of "Tax Payment Number," "Confirmation Number," and "Tax Payment Classification." If no information is provide, you cannot pay the tax by credit card. Download a tax notice/tax payment slip sample from here.
Maximum Amount of Credit-Card Tax Payment
Tax payment by credit card can be accepted only when the amount of tax on a tax notice/tax payment slip is less than 1 million yen.
Processing Fees for Payment
Please be aware that each tax payment requires a processing fee. In
other words, payments for multiple kinds of taxes require a
processing fee for each.
As shown below, 73 yen (not including Japanese consumption tax (JCT)) is charged every 10,000 yen.
|Amount of Tax||Fee
(Fee including JCT)
|1 - 10,000 yen||73 yen (78 yen)|
|10,001 - 20,000 yen||146 yen (157 yen)|
|20,001 - 30,000 yen||219 yen (236 yen)|
|30,001 - 40,000 yen||292 yen (315 yen)|
|40,001 - 50,000 yen||365 yen (394 yen)|
|*73 yen (78 yen including JCT) is charged every 10,000 yen.|
To calculate total amount, enter the amount of tax and press the "Calc" button.
- A processing fee is charged per tax payment. If you go through several payment procedures, you need to pay a fee for each tax payment.
- If you make installment or revolving payment, your credit card company may charge you additional fee. Please contact your credit card company before making payment.
- Please click here for more details.
Issue of Receipts
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government will not issue receipts. If you need a receipt, please pay tax at a convenience store or counter of a banking organization.
Tax Payment Certificates
You can obtain certificates of tax payment at the counters of
metropolitan tax offices and check your tax payment approximately 2
weeks from the date of payment completion※1.
Thus, if you need a certificate of tax
payment immediately or your inspection expires in less than
, please make the payment at a convenience
store or financial institution.
※1 You are able to electronically obtain motor vehicle tax payment certificates at District Transport Bureau; therefore, you can omit the submission of motor vehicle tax payment certificates.
※2 It must be more than two weeks before the expiration date for Bureau of Public Transportation Services to confirm electronic payments that include credit card.
※3 Applications for issuing tax payment certificates require your identity verification document.
- Motor vehicle taxes ※If you have any unpaid taxes in previous years, your application will not be accepted.
- Other Taxes ※400 yen is required for each tax payment.
Certificates of taxes paid by credit card today
will be issued according to the following schedule:
|Date of Payment||Date of Issue||Date Electronic
|Motor Vehicle Tax
(for a renewal inspection)
|Today February 27, 2017||After March 7, 2017||After March 7, 2017|
|Other Taxes||Today February 27, 2017||After March 7, 2017||N/A|
- If you have already completed payment, you can click here to check the schedule.
- Payment process that is not completed before 11:59 pm will be treated as the payment on the next day. Please check the payment completion date and certificate issuing dates on the payment completion screen.
- A certificate for vehicle inspection will not be sent by mail.
Certificates for Vehicle Inspection
You are able to electronically obtain motor vehicle tax payment
certificates at District Transport Bureau; therefore, you can omit
the submission of motor vehicle tax payment certificates. A certificate for vehicle inspection will not be
sent by mail.
If requested, it will be available with one of the following methods. However, if you have any unpaid taxes in previous years, your application will not be accepted.
- Certificates are issued if you pay taxes at a convenience store or financial institution.
- Certificates will be available with additional applications to metropolitan tax offices after two weeks.
- Your application cannot be accepted by phone or FAX. Please click here for details.
- It takes about two weeks for Bureau of Public Transportation Services to electronically confirm your payments by credit card.
Cancellation And Changes
No cancellation and changes accepted after completing the payment.
Currently recurring payments are not available. We only accept one-time payments.
Days and Hours of Operation
You can use the services anytime a day, except for times between 1:00 am and 7:00 am every Monday due to system maintenance.
Tax Payment Date
Credit-card tax payment on the website will be advanced by the assignee (Toyota Finance Corporation) on behalf of taxpayers according to Article 157-2 of the Order for Enforcement of the Local Autonomy Act and the provision of paragraph (6), Article 231-2 of the Local Autonomy Act. Credit-card tax payment to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is made on the date that payment is completed on the website; however, the tax payment date is officially confirmed after the assignee (Toyota Finance Corporation) transfers money to the government (approximately 2 weeks after the payment procedure is completed).
Due Date for Credit Card Payment
Regarding the due date for credit card payment, you must follow the membership terms and conditions of your credit card company. Conditions including the payment date are dependent on each company. Please see a statement issued by your credit card company or contact the company to confirm information regarding the payment date and details of usage of the card.
The website works on the following versions of browsers: IE7 or higher, Firefox3.6 or higher, Chrome9 or higher, and Safari5 or higher.
- Flickering screens may occur depending on the settings of your browser.
- If a non-Japanese language is selected on your browser, the website may not be displayed correctly.
To access to the website using a cell phone, please make sure that the cell phone supports SSL communication.
Please ensure the following:
- No receipts will be issued.
- Tax payment certificates including vouchers for vehicle inspection cannot be issued in approximately two weeks.
- No cancellation or changes accepted.
※Please ensure the following if paying for motor vehicle taxes:
- If your inspection expires in less than two weeks, please
make the payment at a convenience store or financial institution.
(It must be more than two weeks before the expiration date for Bureau of Public Transportation Services to confirm electronic payments that include credit card. For more information, please clickhere.)
- A certificate for vehicle inspection will not be sent by
(If requested, it will be available with additional applications after two weeks.)
For Inquiries about this Website
Tokyo Metropolitan Tax
Credit-Card Payment Support Center
TEL 03-6416-1325(Only in Japanese)
Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
(except for Japanese national holidays
and December 29 - January 3)
For Inquiries about Credit Card
Please see a statement issued by your credit card company or contact the company.